Book your appointments
What is Patients Know Best?
Welcome to Patients Know Best (PKB) - your free personal health record helping you to manage your health. PKB can receive your record from all the doctors and nurses looking after you, including your GP.
How can I use PKB with my GP?
You can book GP appointments from your PKB account. To do this, you will need a letter with account details from your GP practice. Here is an example:
You can use your account details in PKB, even if you have already used them for another app or website.
Not yet registered with PKB? Click here to check if your healthcare provider is using PKB.
How to book GP appointments
2. Click the 'Diary' tile and choose 'Appointments'.
3. Click on the ‘Book GP appointment’ button.
4. Enter the account details from your letter and click the ‘Register’ button.
5. Once linked to your GP practice, you will not need to repeat this step unless changes are made to your access e.g. your GP resets your account key for security reasons or if you have changed GP practice.
6. To book an appointment, choose a date on the calendar to see the slot is available that day (days highlighted in green are available slots).
7. Add a booking reason if needed.
8. Click on 'Next'.
9. Review the details of your appointment and click ‘Book’.
10. Your appointment will be displayed on your calendar.
For further information, please click here.